Monday, August 4, 2008

It's me Mark we ride together




Are you too cool for school?

There seems to be a time and a place where certain people are your boys.

In certain circumstances you can go from being someone’s boy to a total stranger.

Just this morning I was dropping off my rig at the Repair shop. I like to throw the bike in car and ride home…that’s how green I am.

Anyhow, I saw said cycle dude at the coffee shop. I am like sup dog…Now on Sunday morning I am the funniest person he has ever met. But now he is with a co-worker.

Lets just say I have relatives who owe me money who looked happier to see me. I couldn’t get a “Hey this is fake lance “or a “Whoa did you see Manny went 8 for 13”.

Makes you wonder. In our crew who’s your boy? , no I mean are they your boy at crit or are they just the dude who pours you coffee. Steve you are both. I would take a pull and a scone for you.

Just remember If you see someone around town and there not in spandex its OK to say sup.

A quick note , Over the weekend a bunch of the crew went to the Jeff and Tricia’s wedding party. We learned a few things about cyclist that night.

1. We don’t dance.
2. Cyclist Wives Don’t dance.
3. People who go 4 wheeling get liquored up.
4. Then they want to dance with Cyclist wives.