Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No more Socks and Sandals




Last night I attended a Pizza Party for a local cyclist. Now when I say cyclist I mean a Cyclist. I was the only person at the table that did not own 5 bikes.

This crew of people consists of many people who actually ride Mountain, single speed; Time Trial, Road, Cruiser, and City. I think Matt Freeman may even have a Rickshaw in his garage.





You know you’re a big time Cyclist when an employee of Trek drives you to the Party and makes sure you get home safely.

I digress as usual. The reason I thought I would mention this crew is the following. Most of them have blogs and race and win many Mountain bike events. At these events they take many pictures suitable for framing. The picture invariably has somebody in that coveted sock and sandal combination.

When did it become fashionable to pull off the “Del Boca Vista “
Look. I see this at many bike races. Is it really too difficult to sport a pair of slaps before or after the event without those lame themed sock.

So listen up cycle dorks, Its Shoes and socks. Just socks or sandals no other combination is allowable unless your 85.