Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BABE RUTH WOULD HAVE MADE A GREAT CRIT RIDER




I was watching ESPN. They had this great stuff on Babe Ruth. It hit me , what makes Babe Ruth the greatest of his sport. Babe transcended the game, he made more than the president. . But as Babe said. Hey , I had a better year.

The thing that most impressed me about Babe was not his ability on the Field. It was his ability to drink , smoke and eat like a fish. This dude could seriously put away the hooch. he would show up 10 minutes before game time and go 4 for 4.

I often show up for the Saturday ride more than a little hung over. Oh, hell two weeks ago I was still drunk. Now, I don't have the god given talent of Babe Ruth or Craig Turner. But I am glad to know that Babe Ruth would be proud to call me his boy. Can you still be an athlete. if you eat and drinks like crap.

The lesson is this. Some of the dudes I ride with could use a drink. Get your life back in balance. Stop eating chicken breast surprise with a vitamin water on Friday nights. Drop by Charlie's Jewell's for a Gorgonzola burger and some Hangar 24. You can do Babe Ruth proud.

PS: Babe Ruth was originally a member of The Boston Red Sox. He took up drinking after he joined the Yankees.