Saturday, June 21, 2008

REAR VIEW MIRRORS ARE NOT TROPHY CASES


The other day I was on the road. I noticed this dude in his 30's driving his Sweet 1998 Honda civic. That car alone is gonna pay off with the ladies. But just in case they don't fall for his concern for good gas mileage or his choosing a car with few mechanical problems. He added that one thing that really tells all you need to know. He has his " graduation tassel " on the good old rear view mirror.

Now here is the deal I'm going to give him credit that tassel is from a college. ITT tech and the Jack Taino school of bar tending don't have graduation with gowns or tassels. They just e-mail you a diploma and your on your way. So I ll go ahead and say its from Riverside community college and he is in the Management training program at big 5. I digress, the digits on the tassel were 98. Obviously he got the car as a graduation gift.

So hear is the question. What is the statute of limitations on a graduation tassel hanging from the rear view. Can a man ever have some crap hanging form the rear view. I mean its the big 10 year anniversary of this blessed event.


Since this traumatic event on the road. I have been paying attention to what people are hanging from the rear view. Here is a sample of the crap I see on my way to Hangar 24. ( did you know i get a free beer every time i mention H24 in my blog).

Pitt Pass = Nascar freak.
Sun Catcher = Holistic Zen driver about to be blinded.
Handcuffs = Kinky chick or Dawg the bounty hunter
Air Freshener = Cinnaberry Tree scent , The ladies just go crazy for that smell ( see what is a Gilroy)
Bandanna = gang affiliation
Child's first pair of Shoes = That so precious i am gonna hurl.