Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jock Cousteau and Budweiser



No more free beer samples at SeaWorld.

There are no free lunches in life, but one could always count on free beer samples at Anheuser-Busch theme parks. Until now.The brewer has put the kibosh on the free beer samples at its SeaWorld theme park in San Diego.

The brewer plans to build restaurants, or other food-related venues, which have a broader appeal to children and families.

I will tell you the only appeal that place ever had for 50 bucks was the fact my father could throw down some free beer. this free beer allowed my father not to beat us as we waited in the heat for one hour to see the Seamore and Clyde show.


Thankfully I have memories of my youth . Enjoying the Shamu show in the splash zone while my Father was full of 8 ounce beer samples. I am just worried about the future of the parks. Parents will now be forced to endure the Penguin encounter sober. There will be more beatings at SeaWorld than a Walmart toy aisle.

''People who like beer and the hospitality of those facilities might be disappointed,'' Sea world executives said. ``This was something that had pretty narrow appeal. We were looking to expand it into something that had broader appeal.''

Really a broader appeal than beer. you might want to check your statistics. Well good luck with your new build a Shamu work shop for 19.95 a toy. I for one will not return until the beer is free once again and we can all watch the dolphin show the way God intended it.......Drunk.