Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kenny Don't Surf !



I was at the Redlands Bike Classic this weekend. I feel like its your civic duty to head downtown to watch the race . I have a bike that has a suggested retail value of $ 9,300 and I don't even know what " Crit" stands for ?

Since I am still on the 6 month DL (disabled list) for those of you with no knowledge of baseball. I spent my weekend with the rest of the " Shammy Sniffers" on the curb. Did I mention recently how much fun it is to be big leagued , Now I know what Midwest aluminum siding salesman feel like.

While I was watching the races I was thinking how fun it would have been to watch the Races with Kenny Powers. Kenny was once asked if he had ever competed in a Triathlon. to which he responded “I play real sports…not trying to be the best at exercising.”

I always though the classic was missing something. Betting. This year for the 35+ crits , i made available para mutual betting. Next year I am going to include a pick 6 which will include the cat 5 race.

The new Team Redlands kits were on display at the races. Note to Team members you may want to avoid riding by any of the schools or churches with the new french Rio cut down the groin. A special thanks to Borat for his input on the cut of the kit.

Welcome back baseball , GO SOX !