Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You must be 18 or over




This Sunday will represent the 6 month mark since I broke my pelvis. There are 1,330,044,544 Chinese people who could care less so don’t worry your not alone.

I was instructed by my doctor not to get into any cycling situations that may lead to my ass hitting the pavement until that date.

In the last few weeks I have done the 909 sampler rides. Heading out to Rain cross, Tuesday night twice and this last Thursday night I went to Crit.

So here are my observations of the three rides

1. Sunset World championships: you can’t fake this ride if you have no cardio. You can peacock your way to serpentine. After that it’s just you and the sound of a trash truck beep beep beep.

2. Crit: you can’t fake this ride if you can’t hold a line into a turn. Sure I came around the front on the 2nd lap rode hard to San Bernardino Avenue. Then the real move came. I really felt as if I was a part of something for 4 and ½ minutes!

3. Rain cross: you can’t fake this ride if you have not been out for longer than 2 hours on a ride. I always say you can tell how your Saturday is going to go as we climb up honeycomb hill in Grand Terrace. On my first Saturday back I think I sharted myself on that climb out.

Anyhow, the 6 months is over and now I am free to get some Ink a piercing and ride like the wind ( Christopher cross ) version of the wind that is.