Friday, May 2, 2008

FEAR THE TAMPOON

Do you know these people? Are you one of them? What people do I speak of? Let me give you a not so fictitious conversation I had in the last 24 hours.

Bike dude: What happened out there did your Kotex slip?

Bike dude: Did your skirt ride up?

Bike dude: Are you on your period?

Apparently said individual has no female role models. Or maybe he is casting for a new “Tampax “commercial for men.

The point is this. who are these people. Would I be a stronger rider? If all I did was ride? , Would he be a more humble person if he did anything but ride? Does Uncle Rico need to go into a back in 1980 speech?

I love riding with this guy. God help you if you can’t change a flat as quick as Jeff Gordon’s pit crew (NASCAR). This task apparently has another correlation to your Sexual performance.

So the question I pose is simple. Is there a strong correlation between femine napkins and cycling? Do the last 10 guys on the Tuesday night ride wear something with wings? Is that why there chamois fit irregularly.

In the High end world of cycling I guess were all just one bad crit practice away from the feared Tampax reference. Fear the tampon and keep pedaling.