Wednesday, May 28, 2008

CELL PHONES ARE NEAT !



As a person who works at home I really don't spend many hours at Dunder Mifflin , ESRI or teaching the youth of America. So when I head out to interact with my fellow man its kinda a big deal. See when I am at home I have this thing called a telephone. When it rings I check caller ID and then on a rare occasion I answer the phone. Here is the deal when in god's name did being on a telephone become the most amusing thing in a person life.

Yesterday at the Starbucks located by the jamba juice I watched the above scene played out over and over. Sitting outside there were 2 girls in there early 20's , For 38 minutes the one girl talked on the phone to someone else. The other chick was so envious. she just kept checking her phone. She so wanted a call or a text , something. I mean how else would she validate her existence.

I really felt for the poor girl. I only hope that someday she will own a Suburban. She will drive her kids to Valley Prep and Talk on her cell phone all day. Keep the dream sweetie.

But seriously. Have you ever sat outside at the Citrus plaza and watched the number of people with that phone stuck to the side of there head. Imagine living in the 1980 's and someone showed you a picture from today. What would you guess those people were all doing ?

I will save my rant about text messaging for another day. Lets just say I don't subsrcibe and if you TEXT , you must be a 14 year old girl.

Anyhow , Here is a thoughtful solution to this problem



Historically the iconic phone booth represented a place where one could go to be alone for a private conversation, transform into superman or travel through time. Today, it’s obsolete in most cities. With the Portable Cellular Phone Booth, one can transform from a member of society to one that is closed off.